Open as PDF
– 1 –
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, OPERATE OR MAINTAIN THE
PRODUCT DESCRIBED. PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS BY OBSERVING ALL SAFETY INFORMA-
TION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR
PROPERTY DAMAGE. RETAIN INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) impact wrenches are air tools
designed for removing and installing nuts and bolts
such as lug nuts, exhaust system clamps, etc.
When unpacking this product, carefully inspect for any
damage that may have occurred during transit. Make
sure any loose fittings, bolts, etc., are tightened before
putting this product into service.
General Safety Information
This product is a part of a high pressure system and the
following safety precautions must be followed at all
times along with any other existing safety rules.
1. Read all manuals included with this product care-
fully. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls and
the proper use of the equipment.
2. Only persons well acquainted with these rules of
safe operation should be allowed to use the
DO NOT EXCEED MAXIMUM OPERATING PRES-
SURE OF THE AIR TOOL (90 PSI). THE AIR TOOL
COULD EXPLODE AND RESULT IN DEATH OR
SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY.
3. Do not exceed any pressure rating of any compo-
nent in the system.
4. Disconnect the air tool from air supply before
changing tools or attachments, servicing and dur-
5. Always wear safety glasses during operation.
6. Do not wear loose fitting clothing, scarves, or neck
ties. Loose clothing may become caught in moving
parts and result in serious personal injury.
7. Do not wear jewelry when operating any tool.
Jewelry may become caught in moving parts
and result in serious personal injury.
8. Do not depress trigger when connecting the air
General Safety (Continued)
9. Always use attachments designed for use with air
powered tools. Do not use damaged or worn attach-
DO NOT USE HAND-TOOL SOCKETS. USE IM-
PACT-QUALITY SOCKETS ONLY. HAND-TOOL
SOCKETS ARE "GLASS-HARD" AND WILL SHAT-
TER AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS PERSONAL IN-
JURY IF USED WITH AIR TOOLS.
10. Never trigger the tool when not applied to a work
object. Attachments must be securely attached.
Loose attachments can cause serious injury.
11. Protect air lines from damage or puncture.
12. Never point an air tool at oneself or any other
person. Serious injury could occur.
13. Check air hoses for weak or worn condition before
each use. Make sure all connections are secure.
RELEASE ALL PRESSURE FROM THE SYSTEM
BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL, SERVICE,
RELOCATE OR PERFORM ANY MAINTENANCE.
14. Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight and ensure
equipment is in safe working condition.
15. Do not put hands near or under moving parts.
Proper lubrication is the owner's responsibility. Failure
to lubricate the air tool properly will dramatically shorten
the life of the tool and will void the warranty.
This impact wrench REQUIRES lubrication BE-
FORE the initial use and BEFORE and AFTER each
Impact wrenches require lubrication throughout the life
of the tool and must be lubricated in two separate areas:
MODELS TL1002, TL1017 AND TL1049