Open as PDF
• Install the SAM12x as close to the SAM speaker modules as possible. This will ensure the best possible sound quality.
• Never use the SAM12x with any speakers other than the SAM1HF/SAM2LF modules.
• Only use the approved module configurations shown below. Other configurations could result in poor performance.
• Check all speakers for proper phase using a phase tester. Incorrect wiring could lead to poor performance.
• NEVER mount the SAM1HF on its side; always stand it up vertically. Only the approved configurations shown below
should be used.
Configuration 1 Configuration 2 Configuration 3
SAM12 X PASSIVE CROSSOVER
IAGRAM FOR SAM1HF/SAM2LF SPEAKER MODULES CONNECTION
Conf. 1/2 Conf. 3
1. Configure the SAM1HF/SAM2LF speakers in one
of the approved configurations and mount them
securely. See the SAM1HF/SAM2LF owner’s
manual for detailed information.
2. Connect the positive and negative speaker-level
outputs of the amplifier to the speaker terminal
inputs marked IN+ and IN–.
3. Connect the TW+ and TW– outputs to the positive
and negative terminals on the SAM1HF.
4. Connect the first set of W+ and W– outputs to the
positive and negative terminals on the SAM2LF.
5. Connect the second set of W+ and W– outputs to
a second SAM2LF only if you are using multiple
6. Using the selector knob on the side of the
SAM12x, select the configuration you are using.
Declaration of Conformity
We,Harman Consumer Group, Inc.
2, route de Tours
72500 Château du Loir
declare in own responsibility that the product described
in this owner’s manual is in compliance with technical
Harman Consumer Group, Inc.
Château du Loir, France 9/07
© 2007 Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
All rights reserved.
JBL and JBL Synthesis are trademarks of
Harman International Industries, Incorporated, registered
in the United States and/or other countries.
SAM12x.qxp 9/21/07 9:37 AM Page 1