Open as PDF
Thank you for purchasing a Yamaha F-20 Guitar Amplifier.
To get the best results and longest life out of your F-20, we recommend that you
carefully read this manual, and keep it in a safe place for future reference.
● To avoid possible damage do not expose the unit to:
• direct sunlight
• very high or low temperature/humidity
• sand or excessive dust
* Especially inside a vehicle, the temperature may rise
excessively — do not leave the F-20 in your parked car on a
● Before connecting/disconnecting cables or turning the unit on/off, be
sure to set the VOLUME/MASTER VOL. control on the F-20 to 0.
● Keep the F-20 away from neon signs or fluorescent lighting to prevent
Rated Output Power : 20 W
Speaker : 20 cm x 1
Controls : VOLUME, GAIN, MASTER VOL., TREBLE, MIDDLE, BASS,
CH SELECT switch (A/B)
Input/Output Terminals : INPUT, AUX IN, PHONES
q INPUT : Connect your guitar to this jack.
w CH SELECT A/B (Channel Select Switch A/B) : Depress
the switch (>) to select Channel B which, can be used to create
distortion. When the switch is in its raised position (?), Channel A is
selected producing a clean, distortion free tone.
e VOLUME : This knob controls the volume level of Channel A. This
knob functions only when Channel A is selected (?) with the CH
SELECT switch (the Channel A LED will light).
r GAIN : This knob is used to control the amount of distortion. Rotate
the knob to the right to increase distortion. This knob functions only
when Channel B is selected (>) with the CH SELECT switch (the
Channel B LED will light).
t MASTER VOL. : This knob is used to control the volume level of
Channel B. This knob functions only when Channel B is selected (>)
with the CH SELECT switch (the Channel B LED will light).
● Handle the unit carefully — never apply excessive force to the
controls and avoid dropping the unit.
● For safety, always remove the power plug from the AC wall outlet if
there is any danger of lightning striking in your area.
● To prevent damage and possibly electrical shock, never open the
case and tamper with the internal circuitry.
● Never use solvents such as benzene or thinner to clean the F-20.
Wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth.
y TREBLE : This knob controls the level of the amplifier’s high fre-
u MIDDLE : This knob controls the level of the amplifier’s mid fre-
i BASS : This knob controls the level of the amplifier’s low frequen-
o AUX IN : Connect the output of an external audio device such as a
CD, MD, cassette deck, etc, to this jack to listen to audio playback of
the device, along with your guitar, through the F-20 amplifier.
* Use the volume control on the audio device to control its volume level.
!0 PHONES : Connect a pair of headphones to this jack.
* The speaker will produce no sound when a pair of headphones is con-
nected to this jack.
!1 POWER : This is the amplifier’s power switch. When the switch is
ON, the LED lamp of the channel currently selected with the CH SE-
LECT switch will light.
Power Requirements : U.S. and Canadian models : 120V, 60Hz
General model : 230V, 50Hz
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 357 x 330 x 197 mm (14.1" x 13" x 7.8")
Weight : 6.5 kg (14 lbs 5 oz)
* Specifications and external appearance are subject to change without notice.
w e r t y u i o !0 !1q