Open as PDF
2–Quick Start Guides
Playback and mixing
First, we will play the demo song on the included SD card. When the unit is
purchased new, the SD card with the demo song is shipped already installed,
but we will start by explaining how to insert an SD card.
1. Open the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the unit and
insert the included SD card into the slot at the back.
Do not insert the card backwards or apply unnecessary force. This could
damage the slot or card.
2. Insert four AA batteries into the compartment, paying attention to their
¥/^ orientations as shown below. This unit can use alkaline or NiMH
3. Close the battery compartment cover after installing the SD card and
4. Connect headphones to the /LINE OUT jack on the left side of the unit.
5. Press and hold the button on the top panel until “TASCAM” appears
on the display (or the button indicator lights green).
After the unit starts up, the Home Screen appears as shown below
Startup Screen Home Screen