Open as PDF
10 – Miscellaneous Functions
Use the built-in chromatic tuner to tune guitars or wind instruments, for
1. Connect a guitar or bass to INPUT A.
INPUT B cannot be used for tuning.
Use built-in MIC A to tune other instruments such as wind instruments.
2. On the
screen, set the
input source to
“Selecting the input source” on page 51.)
When using the built-in mic, select
3. Press the HOME button to show the Home Screen.
4. When the recorder is stopped, press the F1 [TUNER] button to open the
(standard frequency) item is selected (highlighted).
5. Use the DATA wheel to set the standard frequency of the A note between
435 and 445 Hz. (default value: “440Hz”)
6. Play the instrument and tune it.
The pitch name closest to the string appears above the meters. Tune the
string roughly until the sound name that you want appears. Then, fine
tune the string until the rectangle at the middle of the meter darkens,
showing that the string is in tune. If the pitch is too low, a bar extends
to the left of the middle and if it is too high it extends to the right. The
longer the bar is the more out of tune the string is.
The rectangle at the middle of the meter darkens when the string is in
7. When you are finished tuning, press the HOME button to open the Home
If you want to monitor the input signal, press the REC button of the track
(INPUT A) assigned to it. (See “Assigning inputs” on page