Open as PDF
6 – Basic Recording
When using this unit, “assigning inputs” means setting the recording source
for each track using the
The illustration above shows the default values.
Assignment settings are saved when songs are saved and when the power
is turned OFF (put into standby). Moreover, assignment settings are loaded
when songs are loaded.
This unit can simultaneously record a maximum of two tracks. You can also
record one input channel to two tracks simultaneously (in this case, you
cannot use the other input channel).
You cannot assign two inputs to the same track.
Setting the track type (Tracks 3 and 4 only)
Tracks 3 and 4 can each be used separately as stereo or mono tracks. Make this
setting on the
1. When the recorder is stopped, press the MENU button to open the
2. Use the DATA wheel to select (highlight) the
press the F4 [t] button to open the
3. Use the F3  and F4 [b] buttons to select (highlight) the track type
value of the track that you want to change, and use the DATA wheel to
change the value.
STEREO (default value): Use as a stereo track.
MONO: Use as a mono track.
4. Press the F2 [EXEC] button.
A confirmation pop-up message appears.
5. Press the F3 [YES] button to confirm the track type change.
6. After completing the setting,the
7. After completing the setting, press the HOME button to return to the
Changing the track type will clear all recordings on it, leaving silence.
However, undoing will restore the track type and the original recordings
on it. (See “Undoing operations (undo)” on page 58.)